Author Topic: Durham v2 - Whitewater Territory @ cheeseSC4  (Read 330 times)

Offline cheesey

• Administrator
  • Full
    • View Profile
Re: Durham v2 - Whitewater Territory @ cheeseSC4
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:43:02 am »
[size=18]Update 15 - A Look at Whitewater Run[/size]

The city of Whitewater Run hasn't been seen in a while. Since then, it has grown. But the east side faces problems with abandonment. Many new arrivals have packed up and simply moved to White Settlement or Goldspire. Some say this is because of the lack of commercial. Others say a new bridge needs to be built across the Great Whitewater River. Still, others say the problem is pollution, while many are saying that it's from a lack of healthcare and education. Either way, all of these problems are serious and need to be fixed.

The west side hasn't been doing so great either. The unemployment rate is at 7.5% and traffic is a major issue. The city has lost 20% of its total population (down from 50,000 to 40,000) in recent years. Something must be done, and must be done NOW, to save the city.

A power centre was developed on the far west end of town. It originally started out as two big-box stores next to each-other, but this then grew into a large, disorganized power centre that's hard to get around. This particular area employs 45% of all residents on the west side and on the east side, it employs nobody, except a few people.

Sprawl has become increasingly unavoidable. As shown by this picture, the middle class is the largest group in the city. Included in the lower class are 25% of Whitewater Run's residents, 65% are part of the middle class and the remaining 10% are in the upper class.

The entire western island is nearly settled with some small wooded areas left to zone. All farms have been pushed back to the west, and a farm community has popped up not far to the west. This will be shown in later updates.

Meanwhile, in Whitewater Run...

[size=18]We shall see...[/size]

[size=18]REPLIES[/size]

111222333444 - Thanks :)
Republicmaster - Hey, me too! :P thanks btw.
Towncrafter - It's not ideal, too cold for me :P
Towncrafter - Thanks!
bben - Thanks to you also!
titanicbuff - You're used to it :P
111222333444 - And over two weeks later, merry christmas to you too! :P
bben - lurvly snow! :D
titanicbuff - It's Santa.. he can do it :P
111222333444 - Happy end of the world - 2013 edition! :P
mayorm - I guess people in Whitewater are more in the Christmas spirit. That and they aren't as lazy :P
Towncrafter - Thank you.
Frex_Ceafus - Thank you.
simLink - Thank you is getting repetitive, so thanks! :P
AcoG000 - Thanks!
simLink - Lovely sprawl! Hahahaharrhahahahahaha [/endevillaughter]
K50 - To looking forward to more sprawl? or something else? /me scratches head.
Republicmaster - Why do you think people from Whitewater aren't overweight? :P
Towncrafter - Trees, trees everywhere!
111222333444 - Thank you.
mayorm - Thank you.

More signs of things to come, coming later! :P
Also, an "award" goes to link, for being the only one to recognize the 100k in the previous teaser, and to know what it means :P