Author Topic: Database Error  (Read 289 times)

Offline simlink

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Simopsis
Database Error
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:00 am »
I'll report this on behalf of cheese (I hope you don't mind, cheese). ;)

You may notice once in a while while browsing the site a database error along with a page from SMFNew, cheese's host. I have experience with this (smfnew is also my site's host) - it is a known issue the host is attempting to resolve.

Just thought I'd report this... the host knows it is an issue. If you have the issue, please post here. :)

-sl

Offline cheesey

• Administrator
  • Full
    • View Profile
Re: Database Error
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03:59 am »
This has been happening increasingly often since the downtime. If anyone else is having this issue, please post here and we'll attempt to resolve it quickly.

Thanks.

Offline simlink

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Simopsis
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:22:34 am »
Ironically I got a database issue making my way over here. Unfortunately it isn't just csc4. It's happening to Simopsis as well (both of which are hosted with smfnew) and even the smfnew support forum is having databse errors. This seems to be a common problem anytime they do work.

Unfortunately we have to wait for them to fix it. Until then we're sitting ducks. (Anyone else here remember late September/Early October and Simopsis' outage?) But please continue to post if you get database errors, that way if need be we can bring it up with the host.

Offline simlink

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Simopsis
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:14 pm »
I posted a topic on SMFNew's support forum regarding the database connection errors. I referenced their support forum, SMP and csc4 as having the issues. Hope you don't mind cheese I used your site as a reference as well. You can have a look at the support forum if you want for the topic, it won't be hard to find. :P

-sl

Offline cheesey

• Administrator
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:04:42 am »
thanks link :)

Offline simlink

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Simopsis
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 12:11:07 pm »
SMFnew continues to look into why all these problems are occurring. For the time being they have disabled new site registrations using the outdated SMF 1.1.14. A more recent glitch is registration problems...

Offline cheesey

• Administrator
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »
I'll likely move the site anyhow. Probably copy over all users and posts manually, reset passwords for each member and go from there. I'm tired of SMFnew, very unreliable, quite honestly...